Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 weeks!

I can't believe how fast time is going! And yet, I feel like he was just born. I want him to stay little forever! He is such a cutie and I just love him so much! I can't believe how much he has changed in 3 short weeks, makes me excited to see what this next week will bring.

Big yawn!

He is still eating well, I think he went through a little growth spurt yesterday and today, wanting to eat more often than normal. Grow little boy, grow:) He got his first real bath last Friday night, he little it at first, but then I think he got scared. We gave him another one last night and he loved it. Derek just sat next to him and just talked/sang to him and he just sat there and enjoyed sitting in warm water. Hopefully he will always love his baths.

One of the only pictures of us together, don't mind my make-upless face!

He is still such an alert baby, loves to look around and see everything. Which means he hates to nap! I have to try to get him to sleep, which is not fun. I have been struggling with how I want to get him to sleep. I thought I wanted to do Babywise before he was born, but I don't have the heart to let him cry it out. It might just be that I am sleep deprived and hormonal, but the one time I tried, I cried right along with him. I couldn't handle it, maybe when he is older I will be able to. It doesn't help that he absolutely won't sleep in his bed. The second I lay him in it he either cries or wakes up. So, he has been sleeping in his car seat or with me in bed. Last night was our best night yet. He decided that he would sleep, eat all night instead of, sleep, eat, be awake for an hour and then sleep. That was glorious! I can handle feeding him at night, but when he is wide awake after, that is hard. I just want to go back to sleep, but he wants to play!

We went to church on Sunday for the first time. He slept the whole time:) I thought the music might be too loud, but he never even flinched. Good boy! Now if he would only do that every week:) It was nice to get out of the house. Derek and I even ventured out to Costco on Sunday afternoon for a few things. We were probably gone an hour, but I missed Caden so much! Grammy kept him, his first babysitter! He did just fine, as I knew he would.

Today we bundled up and went to buy some stamps, it was my first time driving since he was born and my first time to leave alone with him. All went well, makes me wish it was nicer out to go on walks. At least it is warming up and suppose to be in the 40s this weekend:) Praise the Lord!

Enjoy the sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. He looks like Derek in the last picture so much! He is so sweet Liz!! I just love him. Great post!! Hope to see him soon. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, he really is a cutie!...and you my lady look sooo good! YOu said you don't even have make up on, well you don't need it you look great! I hope my facebook messege made sence. If you are still wanting to train him for sleeping in his own bed but dont want him to cry you could check out "The No- Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It is probably at the library. Keep up the good work mama! :)

    ReplyDelete