We are doing well, I am amazed at how I can function with hardly any sleep. He eats every 3 hours around the clock. I am praying for longer stretches at night. Even one more hour, or if he would just fall back asleep right away after eating at night. He is wide awake and doesn't want to be in his bed. That is also something that is hard, having him sleep and nap in his bed. So many people have been over and wanting to hold him that he doesn't want to be laid down. We are working on it and I am sure that it will get easier. He does have long stretches during the day that he is awake and so alert. He is making some fun faces, not on purpose though:)
We were sad last week when Derek had to go back to work on Wednesday. We truly enjoyed having him around during the day. My mom was here on Friday, so Thursday was the only day I was alone. We survived! The weekend was great, Daddy got to be home!
Look at that face!
I hadn't left the house since Friday the 10th, until today. Both outings were to the pediatrician. We had to take him the day after we got home to have his bilirubin level checked. He was a little yellow, but his levels weren't very high, so we were fine. It felt good to get out of the house today, but it is a lot of work coordinating his routine to fit with when we have to be somewhere.
Life has definitely changed, but for the better!! We are SO in love with our little man:) I just love staring at him. He is super cute and I can't believe he is mine! The Lord definitely blessed us with giving us our son to raise.
We love you Caden:)
Liz he is so super cute!! We can't wait to meet him. Will you be at group tonight?
ReplyDeleteOtherwise we will see you guys tomorrow when we drop off some dinner :)