Caden Thomas Mueller was born on Tuesday, February 9th at 4:13pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 21.5 inches long. Perfection if you ask me!
I went in to the hospital to be induced at 7 on Tuesday morning. I was having regular contractions and the doctor broke my water at 8:45. In the first hour I went from 4cm to 5, then the next hour to a 6. I had back labor for over an hour, that was horrible! I have bruises on my lower back from where Derek was rubbing me because I made him push so hard!
Somewhere around 11:45, I was dilated to a 7 and my contractions started coming a lot closer together. Like on top of each other, no break for me! I was crying out in pain. It hurt so bad and there was no relief. I had no time to compose myself between the contractions. I so didn't want to get an epidural, but I was at my end point. And I still had 3 cm to go and then push. So, I finally gave in and said NOW!! The anesthesiologist was just getting to my floor to start one on another patient. I probably would have paid any amount of money to get him to come to my room first. No such luck. By the time he got in my room and got it in, 30 minutes had gone by. 30 horrible minutes. My legs started to tingle, but that is it. No relief from my contractions. My nurse had to go find another anesthesiologist that was randomly outside my room, God is good! She came in and gave me another bolus of medicine and then I finally got the relief I was waiting for!
So, I believe that gets us to around 1:30. I just laid in bed, not feeling contractions and resting. Glorious! I was so against an epidural and I still would try to go without one next time. But, as my nurse said, my uterus was just in overdrive, she kept telling me how great I was doing and how proud of me she was! Good to hear!
So then she checked me and I was complete! I didn't have the urge to push yet, so we waited for him to get a little lower and then I started. I only had to push with 4 contractions and he was out! EASY AS PIE!
I was so overwhelmed when he came out. Tears of joy were definitely flowing. Derek cut the cord and I got to hold him for the first time. Best feeling ever! He was finally where he belongs, in my arms.
The next 3 hours were a little exciting , for me, if you want details, ask! Lets just say, it involved my bladder and the horrible pains of contractions returning. Oh, and bleeding:)
We were in the hospital until 11:30am on Thursday and that was too long. I wanted to come home and be on our own. Got sick of nurses and such. It never had felt so good to walk in our house.
The days are already going by super fast. I can't believe he will be a week old tomorrow! I am trying to savor every moment and cuddle him lots!
Derek is the best daddy! I am more in love with him than ever before. Melts my heart every time he is holding him. I knew he would be so sweet with him, he is constantly helping me out. Including staying up with him from 3:15 to 6:45 this am so I could sleep! Thanks baby!!
Also, my parents have been lifesavers. My mom spent the first 3 nights with us and would take a shift of staying up with wide awake Caden:) We are working on sleeping better at night, actually more so praying he will! I couldn't have done it without here, she also cooked and cleaned lots! And daddy ran several errands also! THANKS MOMMY AND DADDY or should I say Grandpa and Grandma!
AND thank you Rachel for cooking for us on Saturday and bringing the food to the hospital, you are the best Aunt!!
More to come when I have time.
*I don't have time to move the pictures in the right order at the moment, sleeping baby is waking up...









YAY mama! Congratulations, so exciting...he is BEAUTIFUL, and I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteOh what JOY!!! I am so happy for you guys....let the adventure begin!
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures of MY GRANDSON! What a joy it has been helping Caden get settled. Thank you for allowing me to take care of your family. I love being Caden's Grammy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteyay! I am sooo glad to hear that everything went so smoothly! Sounds like you are made to birth babies, piece of cake!...and you have a little cutie on your hands already sporting the hawks, luv it! :) Good job mama! How is feeding going?
ReplyDelete