Friday, February 5, 2010

40 Weeks



As much as I do not want to be writing this post, I am.

February 5th is finally here, and most likely will end without a baby. But, I have to be ok with that. It once seemed so far away, but here it is. I have mixed emotions about being 'overdue.' I know that technically I am not, but in my mind I am.

I had my 40 week appt. yesterday and I am 4 cm and still 75% effaced. My blood pressure was high and they had to retake at the end of the appt. It went down a bit, and if it hadn't I would have been a Mommy by now. It scared me that it was that high, as I have never had problems with it. The week earlier it was slightly elavated, but not that much. Part of me was hoping it wouldn't go down so I could be done, but in the long run I want to be healthy.

I pretty much can be induced whenever I want, but I really believe that I will go naturally in the next few days. Got to stay positive! I have had some signs that I could go into labor at any moment, but once again it might not happen. I went to the chiro yesterday and he did some reflexology on my feet, ankles and calves. He said based on those pressure points, he would guess I will have the baby on Saturday or Sunday. I am praying he is right:)

So, here I sit, waiting. My daddy came up today and watched 2 movies with me and kept me company:) Thanks daddy!

I plan on just taking it easy until this little guy comes. I finished work yesterday, I have mixed feelings about that. As of right now, I am going to stay home with the little guy for awhile. We will see how long Mr. Mueller will let that last...that is another post itself.

So, pray this baby out of me please! I desire to go into labor naturally, but know that always can't happen.

So, one more belly picture it is.....




1 comment:

  1. It was fun seeing you Friday and spending the afternoon with you and later Rachel. Your baby will be so very soon - it just seems like you are waiting forever right now. Yes we are praying for that little guy to get out and see all his wonderful friends and relatives!

    Love you - Dad

    ReplyDelete