Aunt Rachel being silly with her glasses:)
Can you believe that Caden turned 2 months old on Friday? Time is flying! He is getting so big! We had his well check on Friday, he weighed 12lbs. 14 oz. and was 23.5 inches long. He is in the 75th percentile for both! Big boy! We love his chubby cheeks:) He had to get 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. He loved the oral one! He just gulped it down. As for the shots, not so much. But, the second he was back in my arms he was good to go. It was torture though, glad it is over. (For 2 months that is). He is a healthy little boy.
The only issue is that Caden only likes to look to the right. He won't even look to the left unless you make him. It is called torticollis. I had never heard of that before, so we have been working on some exercises to correct it. If we don't he will have a flat head! The chiro had mentioned that he favored that side, but I didn't think it mattered.
I got the bumbo out just to try it, he can hold his head up for a little bit. Daddy is helping here.
He started sleeping in his crib last week. I gradually got him to, the first night we lasted until midnight, then it was 3 and then on Friday night it was all night. The first night, Derek and I got in bed and I was super sad. I missed having my little man next to me, but I knew it was for the best. I sleep more deeply when he is not right next to me. But, now I have to feed him in his room, no more laying down to feed:(
Talking to us:
I am trying to get him on a schedule, we have our good and bad days. Hopefully after a few weeks my hard work will pay off. I like have somewhat of a predictable day. Hopefully this weekend we will drop our 4 am feeding, that would mean he would sleep from 1 to 7! AMAZING if that can happen:)
We are loving this nice weather, going on lots of walks! It is glorious to be able to out in the fresh air after this super LONG winter. Love the sunshine and vitamin D!
We had a great Easter celebrating our Risen Lord! We went to church and then headed to Indianola to have lunch with my family. We hung out with family all day and celebrated my birthday that night. It was a relaxing day! No Easter egg hunt this year, but next year there will be one for sure! Caden did get some Easter goods though. He got a mobile for his crib, an Easter book, and some toys. No candy yet:(
Gerber daisies from my parents for my birthday
Tulips from Derek
This picture cracks me up! Big boy:)
Daddy posing Caden..
Oh, I love me that baby!
ReplyDeleteGreat post lizzy!! I am so proud of you for all your hard work. Good job Caden on getting into your schedule.
Love all three of you!
i LOVE that photo where he's smirking on your lap :) And the last photo gives good perspective of his actual size!
ReplyDeleteExcited that he may be getting on a schedule, so you guys can come back to small group! I still havent held that little guy yet! See you guys soon :)
Thanks for sharing Liz. You know we just love that little guy to pieces! We love you and Derek too but Caden comes 1st now! Yes the warm weather is just such a blessing. Enjoy it all you can - I am.
ReplyDeleteLove
Dad - Grandpa