Monday, April 26, 2010

Our first illness...


Poor baby Caden has Rotavirus:(

Starting on Friday night he was super fussy/gassy/squirmy. I didn't know what was wrong, but felt so bad for him! I figured it would go away, but it didn't. He has his good and bad moments, but Sunday afternoon he wouldn't stop fussing. Caden is one that never cries unless he is hungry or tired. I called the doctor this morning to make an appt. to see what the doctor thought. Low and behold he has Rotavirus.



I have to cut dairy out of my diet for the next 7 days, make sure he doesn't get dehydrated and watch for diaper rash. Dairy is such a staple of my diet, I am going to have to look up things to make. Everything has dairy in it:( At least it is just for a week. You can bet I am going to pig out on ice cream next week! Poor little man doesn't feel good! He is really sleepy and when he is awake I am constantly trying to keep him happy. Makes for one tired Mommy. Good thing Daddy will be home in a few hours!



Other than this, we are loving life! Caden is sleeping better at night, he even does a 6 hour stretch some nights! Too bad it is from 7 to 1 and not 1 to 7:( I can't complain though.

He is big!! He weighed 14lbs 7oz today with his clothes on, so I think he is probably a little over 14lbs. I love his chub:)

He is SO cute and fun! He is talking lots and just started batting at his toys above his play mat. He still LOVES his baths, he could sit in there all night if I let him.


Today is our 2 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has been 2 years! Best 2 years of my life:)Love you Derek:) To celebrate we went out to eat and to a movie on Saturday night. Nothing too exciting, but it was great to get out! We ate at P.F. Changs and saw Date Night. My mom and dad watched Caden, I wasn't worried at all. He did great:)



Please pray for our little man!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see a picture of Caden I just get a big old smile! He is soooo..... cute. Sorry he does not feel well. I know now that you know what is wrong you will get him well very soon. God will give you the strength to stay away from the dairy items. Tough week though!

    We just love all three of you to pieces - just like God does!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete