Saturday, June 12, 2010

4 months!



Wow, Caden is 4 months old and I can't believe it! He is growing so fast and I am just trying to keep up with it. How can 4 months have gone by so quickly? Where did my little 8 lb baby go?

Caden weighed in at 16 lbs. 1 oz. on Wednesday and he was 26 inches long. 90th percentile for height and head circumference (I don't think he has a big head??) He was in the 75th for weight. We got the dreaded shots; I really felt uneasy about getting him vaccinated this time around. I really don't know why. They shots were much worse this time, he just screamed:( Poor little guy, I scooped him up as fast as I could and nursed him. It took him a few minutes to fully calm down. Made me feel horrible. But it is over with. He is otherwise a healthy baby. His stools are still a little runny, but that is better than they were. We have been going to the chiropractor for the last month about. We have been 6 times and that is helping a lot. Caden's neck was all out of wack.



Caden is in size 3 diapers and wearing 9 months clothes mostly. Some 6 months fit depending on the brand. We are going to be out of summer clothes soon I think. Good thing we can just wear onesies when it is hot out.



I feel like there is so much to check up on! Where to start? The biggest thing is that Caden is now sleeping through the night!! 8 to 7:) Can you tell this is one HAPPY and RESTED momma? About 3 weeks ago he decided he didn't want to be rocked anymore and it was a struggle to get him to go to sleep. I dreaded every nap time and bed time. I almost wanted to take him for a drive everytime and I knew it was time for change. then he would get up at least every 3 hours to eat. Most night he would wake up every 1-2 hours. Not cool!



On a Tuesday night it took over an hour to get him to sleep, that was it. That Thursday, we let him cry it out. I was prepared for it to be TORTURE! I think he cried off and on for about 25 minutes and was asleep. He woke up a few times that night, but would go back to sleep after a few minutes of whimpering. The next night he only cried for a few minutes before falling asleep and didn't wake up until 5am! He went back to sleep until 7. He did that for another night and then the next night (Sunday) he slept straight through! GLORIOUS!!



He has woken up a few times off and on, but he always go back to sleep. He now goes down without hardly crying at all, unless he is overtired. I read this book from The Moms on Call. My mom had gotten it for me, it is written by two nurses and I highly recommend it. I also paid to do this seminar online where you just watch a video of them and it was so informative! After reading about 5 sleeping books I thought I knew it all, I was wrong. This explained infant sleep SO much better than the other stuff. He is napping great also, 2 hours in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and a catnap in the evening. My life is completely different now that he is sleeping. I feel energized and a lot happier:) I am sure Derek loves that!



Caden is rolling over from his tummy to back as of a month ago, and he got from his back to tummy once last weekend. He has repeated that though which is fine. He loves looking at himself in the mirror, he always has a big smile on his face for himself. Super cute. He has the best laugh, melts my heart. His daddy can make him laugh the best:)



Caden has been swimming twice, he likes kicking and splashing in the water. We just need to go with Daddy and I am sure Caden would have more fun. He looks super cute in his swimsuit. It is fun to have lots of firsts with him now that it is warm out. He loves his jogging stroller, we go for walks daily if the weather cooperates.



Old Navy had their tank tops on sale today for $2! Derek, Caden and I headed there when they opened at 7am and bought 10:) I wear them almost everyday in the summer, so I had to stock up for cheap! Love getting great deals! It was worth getting up for.


That is all I can think of for now!

4 comments:

  1. Love this little man with all my heart!! Such a great post Liz!! You are such a good mommy and I am so glad that he is sleeping better. Praise God!! You guys are a darling family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post! The pictures, the writing and the new layout! Just like Rachel said, you are a great mom in so many ways. You did what was best for you and Caden even tho it was hard, letting him cry. He is so happy in his pictures, love his smile. I am so thankful the book was helpful. Praise the Lord! We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He just keeps getting cuter, Liz - can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete