I kept telling myself I would blog and then I never did. The thought of it was just so overwhelming! Too much to update you with. But, here I am.
Lots has happened since June that is for sure. I missed posting Caden's 5 and 6 month posts. I might go back and do that, who knows.
The Little Monkey Man is 6 and a half months old and is so much fun! I just love him so much and I am so blessed to be home with him everyday. He is still sleeping through the night like a champ. He loves to be rocked to sleep. He had gotten to the point of me being able to just lay him in his bed and he would fall asleep on his own. Once he started teething that all changed. If I put him in his bed awake he just screams bloody murder. Poor guy. At first I didn't mind rocking him, but now I am ready for him to go back to his easy ways. Some naps it takes me almost 20 minutes to get him to nap on a bad day. Hopefully my little dude starts to feel better and life can go back to normal. If there is a normal!
I am just going to talk about some of our highlights of the summer:
Teething: That is one thing that sticks out over the past month. NOT FUN! He has his moments, some good and some bad days. But the bad days are bad. I can't even hardly put him down without him crying:( Poor little dude. He has 4 of his canine teeth coming in right now. Normally they get the two lower middle teeth first, but not my son. I just wish they would come through already! They are getting close though, I can see and feel them, so hopefully they don't take much longer.
Caden likes to stick his thumb into his paci and then chew on it. The only problem is that his thumb then gets stuck and he can't get it out.
Family: The Mueller family was all here over the fourth of July. Derek's twin Alyssa had her Iowa wedding reception on the second. We had great family time and enjoyed having everyone home for the week.
Spencer: We spent a week in July in Spencer with my parents at my Aunt and Uncle's house. It was nice to get out of Des Moines for a few days. Caden didn't like the 3 and a half hour car ride and got up a few times in the night since we were in a new place. But other than that he did great. The girls shopped while the guys golfed! Can't beat that. Derek and I even got to go out to eat on Lake Okoboji, and go mini golfing. A fun little date night:)
Balloons: Derek and I got to go to the Balloon field this year, but Caden stayed with Grammy and Grandpa Homan. It was fun to see the balloons and eat food and hang out with friends.
6 month birthday party: I decided to make a cake to celebrate Caden being 6 months. We had family over to help us eat it:) YUMMY! Caden stuck his fingers in the frosting when we were taking a picture and I let him lick them and he loved it!
Iowa State Fair: We went twice:) I love the fair.....food! We went on a day that was not super hot and Caden did great. He loved being outside and watching all the people. I let him try a little of my lemonade and he went crazy. He kept reaching for it and would freak out every time he saw the glass. Rachel gave him some of her apple slushy and he liked that too. I think this boy is going to like sugar like his Daddy. He only napped for about 25 minutes that afternoon, but he was a trooper. He crashed the second he get in his car seat.
Here are just a bunch of recent pictures:
More to come, it is time for me to go to bed:)
Even though I knew all about the last 2 months it's great to read about your adventures with your family. Great pictures. I too hope Caden gets those teeth to come through and his life can get to pain free. You will all love it when the teething is over. We love you all so very much.
ReplyDeleteDad.
I agree with daddy!
ReplyDeleteI like you blogging :)
You are such a good mommy Liz! Caden has blessed my life in HUGE ways! Love him!!
K, he's pretty much ADORABLE, and I need to meet this kid!!!! It's so sad that I haven't!`
ReplyDelete