Caden has been trying SO hard to crawl for awhile, but just this week almost has it. He can get up on a fours and move his knees. He just needs to figure out how to move his arms as well and not fall on his face. I am ready for him to figure it out because he just wants to move and be independent so bad. He also loves to walk with us, as he has for a few months now. I will be holding him and he pushes off of me to let me know that he wants down to walk. So cute. He stood for 7 seconds by himself last Friday. 7 seconds doesn't seem long, but when you are just starring at him it feels like forever. He is getting too big, too fast!
First golf cart ride with Grandpa Homan
He is weighing in at over 18 pounds, I will get the exact measurement tonight before bath time. He is nursing 4 times a day, at 7, 11, 3 and 7. He eats breakfast at 8, lunch at 12 and dinner anytime from 4 to 5. He loves squash, sweet potatoes, avocados, peas, peaches, pears, applesauce, bananas, prunes. He doesn't like green beans or apricots. I just started to give him some puffs, he is learning to put them in his mouth himself and gets so proud of himself:) He is pretty good and chewing them with his gums, probably more fun to eat then baby food. Although I have never truly thinned his food since he started to eat at 6 months. He likes the texture and won't eat it if it is too thin. He does like to eat and if I don't give him enough food, he will let me know that he wants more.
He grabbed a hold of the bowl of food and I let him be a boy and make a mess:)
He is sleeping from 8 to 7 or even 7:30. Just this week I have started putting him in bed to put himself to sleep. He didn't like this at first, but now he will go down without crying most of the time:) I do miss rocking him because this was about the only time he would cuddle with me:( But, it was time and I am happy with it and glad he never screamed. I have seen a change in how long he naps now that he can self soothe. He now naps for about an hour and a half to two hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Better than the 30 to 45 minute naps he was doing.
We are getting excited for the Iowa/Iowa State game. I am going to the game with Derek and Caden is spending time with Derek's mom. We are bringing him to Iowa City and Pam will watch him at Derek's sister Lyndsey's apartment. That way I only have to miss one feeding and not 2 or 3. We will see how it goes and then I will decide how many more games I will go to. Hopefully he does well.
I made Caden a step stool for his bathroom. I was proud of myself for doing something creative!
All that is left to say is GO HAWKEYES:)
He is just adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI can't get enough of him!
Great post Lizzy.
Love to all!!!
Caden, you are amazing and I love you more than life :)
OH, and you should be proud of yourself for that stool girlie! Also, proud for your awesome mommy skills!!!
Love the post! It is so fun seeing pictures, as Rach said, can't get enough of him! Go Hawks! Love his Hawkeye outfits! Love Mom
ReplyDelete