Thursday, December 9, 2010

10 months

How can my son be 10 months old?? That means in 2 short months he will be one??? CRAZY!!


I was a bad mommy and forgot to take his 10 month pictures today, so they will come tomorrow. We did remember to weigh him. He is about 20 pounds and 4 ounces. Caden is a long and lean boy! He is so active that he just burns all the calories he eats, just like his daddy:)

He is walking!! I think we can officially say he started to walk at 9 months. Crazy kid can make it all around the house walking by himself and fairly fast. He still crawls if he needs to get somewhere super quick. He hasn't mastered getting to his feet without pulling up on something, but that will come. He is so proud of himself and I love watching him walk. He still will put his arms out at times to steady himself and picks up his feet some. Not a little baby anymore that is for sure.

Proof that he cries.

He is still nursing 4 times a day, but those 2 feeding during the day are getting shorter and shorter. He just wants to play! He still loves his food and will eat anything. If I am in the kitchen, he is in the kitchen. He thinks that if I am eating something, he gets to eat it. So, I have to eat things in secret if he can't have them. He followed Derek around tonight trying to get some of his chicken nuggets. He is just like a little puppy, but MUCH cuter:)

Eating Daddy's apple

Silly boy

He got two new top teeth this week:) So, now he has his two middle bottom teeth and two middle top teeth. He got a runny nose with this teeth, thankfully that was the only teething sign. He still says Mama, Bye-Bye. He has added Dada and ball this month. Dada is not said a lot, but he can say it.

Daddy put him in the bathroom sink

Reading with Grammy



He loves going down the basement with Derek and exploring. Which means I can't go months without vacuuming down there anymore:( He likes to sit on the pool table and put the balls into the pockets. He has discovered that he can not only open the kitchen cabinets, but get stuff out of them. I need to move all the glass bowls higher and invest in some cabinet locks I think. He is starting to enjoy more of his toys and is such a curious boy. He is always trying to figure out how stuff works. He is also starting to point at what wants, or where he wants to go. 


He still is sleeping great at night. 7 to 7:30 most nights. He is napping better as well. He sleeps for about an hour and a half in the morning and about an hour in the afternoon. Gives me time to do stuff or be lazy or nap myself:)
Saw Santa at Derek's holiday party at work. He just starred at him.

He loves his Daddy so much. His face just lights up when Derek walks in the door. Just this week he has started to fuss when he leaves for work. It makes me so sad. Daddy is just so much fun that he never wants him to leave. Derek is a great daddy and so much fun. They play lots of fun games and he can always make Caden laugh. He has to be out of town next week for 4 days and it just breaks my heart thinking about how much we are going to miss him. 

Trying to eat Daddy's cookie

These past 10 months have been just a complete joy. The first few months were rough when it came to sleep, but oh so worth it. I could have never imagined how much I could love this little boy. I just look at his throughout the day and just think about how blessed we are. He is absolute the sweetest most loving boy:)

We love you Caden Thomas!!

There will be a cruise post soon, I have been putting it off!

2 comments:

  1. &heats; this post!!

    I can totally tell you got a new camera! The pics look great!

    He is SO handsome!

    You write about him really well and really capture his personality.

    I love you buddy and can't wait to keep seeing you grow!!

    So proud of you and Derek and the parents you are!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! He's such an adorable 10 month old! Thanks for hanging out yesterday!

    ReplyDelete