I AM HORRIBLE!! It has been almost 2 months since I posted! Sorry, life is crazy right now. I wish I could share everything, but I can’t:( Soon enough though.
Caden is 13 months today! I totally skipped his 12 month post. Oops. He is SO big and I feel like he changes every day.
We had his First Birthday party on Saturday February 12 at our house. It was very laid back and just a great time to hang out and have Caden play with some friends. He loved having all the people here and being the center of attention! He is a very loved boy, that is for sure. He loved digging into his cake and got mad when I took it away. That boy LOVES his sugar, just like his Dada! He didn’t really know what to do with all the gifts, he was a little overwhelmed. BUT, he has enjoyed playing and exploring everything he got. Good thing we have a basement with a play room, or we would have no room for all his stuff.
At his 12 month appt. he weighed 21lbs. 4oz. and was 31.5 inches long. He is a tall boy! 25 percentile for weight and 90 percentile for height! He did well with his shots once I gave him a Vanilla Wafer (his favorite treat).
A week after his appt I started to notice he was acting a little funny. That night, Friday night, Feb. 18 he was up until around midnight and then slept well. Saturday he and I went to Indianola because Derek went to a Hawkeye basketball game. He was a wreck most of the day and I was glad to have my parents help. He slept alright that night, only woke up a few times and would go back to sleep. Then Sunday came and I have to say it was probably one of the worst days thus far with him. He was absolutely miserable! I think he laid on me all day. He hardly played and just slept on me most of the day. I thought he probably had an ear infection and that afternoon we took him to urgent care to see. After all the waiting, it just took one look in his ears to give us the answer! I am just so thankful that he didn’t get one earlier and that we got it cleared up easily. Not fun for anyone involved. You just feel so helpless as a parent when you kid is sick.
I would say over the last week that he has developed quite the attitude. My sweet and innocent boy is disappearing before my eyes! I have had to start disciplining him a little more and when I tell him No, most times he just gives me this look. A look where he is saying, “I know what you are telling me to do, but I am not going to listen to you.” How can that start this early?? He is a little stinker that thinks he is going to get away with stuff, but that is not the case. I still love him to pieces and he melts my heart every day. He now gives me hugs and they are so precious!
He is able to identify most of his facial features if he will pay attention long enough to do it. He is a smart little boy. One of his favorite things to do is be in the kitchen. Whether it is eating, can you say MAJOR growth spurt? He is a PIG! I think some days he eats more than me. At least I have a good eater. He weighs 22lbs. 6oz. now. He also likes to throw things in the trash can. For example: Derek’s cell phone, spoons, and Wii games:) If I am cooking, he has to be right there with me watching or helping. He is so curious and loves to know what is happening at all times. He learned how to open the doors in the basement a few weeks ago. Thankfully the handles upstairs are a little taller, so he can’t reach them yet.
He absolutely LOVES to be outside and can’t understand why we can’t go out every day. We have had a few nice days here and there and he loves the freedom of roaming around, going for walks and going to the park. I can’t wait for warm weather! At least we are going to Arizona next week with my family. I am so excited and praying for great weather with lots of sunshine!
I am too lazy to add pictures tonight, maybe soon!!
Thanks for the update! Even though we know about most everything in your lives I love to read about you guys and Caden. We are really looking forward to you joining us in Arizona - we will have a great time. Mom is on a hike with Mike and Jan - I stayed home to save my hips - they sure can hurt.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Dad
I'm glad you blogged again!! Hope all is well! :)
ReplyDelete