Happy 2nd Birthday to my sweet boy!!
I can't believe that 2 years ago I became a mother! Best two years of my life.
February 9, 2010 seems like so long ago, yet I can remember it like yesterday. I can't believe how much he has grown in 2 years. They start out so little and helpless and in just 2 short years, they are bigger and (more) independent.
We have enjoyed starting birthday traditions with him now that he is older. Derek and I filled his room up with balloons the night before his birthday. When he woke up we went into his room and started singing Happy Birthday to him. He was a bit confused by the balloons, but he has loved them. He runs through them and throws them. They are currently all still in his room:)
Aunt Rachel came to watch Ellie so we could take him out for a special birthday lunch. We took him to Jason's Deli; he loves the free ice cream! Then we went to the mall for dinner at Chic-fil-A and went to Build a Bear. He was one spoiled boy! We had his birthday party on Saturday. We did a Thomas the train theme. He had 2 friends come and friends and family. They enjoyed playing and helping him open gifts. AND CAKE!! All night Caden kept asking me to open his cake:) I made a Thomas cake and he loved it; well the frosting. That is all he eats when he has cake. He loves sugar! He enjoyed all his presents
He is 36 inches long and 27 pounds 9 ounces. Long and lean, like always! 92nd percentile and 45th percentile.
Caden is the sweetest boy. I catch myself looking at him throughout the day and just smiling. I love when he just comes over to me and says "Up." When he gives me random hugs and kisses. He loves being around Ellie, and he will only call her Baby. Whenever he leaves and she is staying, he has to give her a goodbye hug and kiss. However, he doesn't like to share with her. I have pulled out all the baby toys and stuff and he thinks they are for Caden. When Ellie is playing with something, he walks up and says "Caden's." He doesn't say mine, just Caden. So cute.
He loves playing with ALL his toys and watching his movies. He is currently obsessed with fire trucks and school buses. Before bed when we are rocking he asks for his songs: EIEIO, Jesus Loves Me, Wheels on the Bus and then either Car or Truck. We have to make up the Car and Truck songs:) He is still a great sleeper, gets in bed at 8 and gets up around 7. He normally takes a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon.
He is talking so much. Sometimes I can't believe his vocabulary. He isn't talking in sentences yet, and I am fine with that. There is plenty of time for him to talk like a big person:) I enjoy his baby talk and his cute way of saying things.
LOVE YOU SO MUCH CADEN THOMAS!!
This is such a sweet post! I simply adore this little boy. Such a great post Liz. Thanks for raising such a sweet boy :)
ReplyDelete