Friday, February 10, 2012

Overwhlemed







If I had to pick one word to describe my last few months I think overwhelmed would be it. 

Ugh. I just gotten to the point of thinking that life was going to get easier (end of November/ beginning of December) and then wham. Ellie started acting super fussy and wouldn't sleep. She acted like she was in so much pain, so the quest to help her began. Little did I know it would take almost 2 months. 

I first thought it was dairy, so I cut out the major dairy in my diet. No real change. Then thought maybe constipation was to blame, nope. Then back to dairy. Then the nurse practitioner thought it was reflux, started treating her for that. No improvement; she actually got worse Decided it wasn't reflux. I was dairy free for over month and a half, but completely dairy free for 4 weeks straight. (Accidentally had it over Christmas break) Took soy out for the last 2 weeks and then gluten for a few days. During this whole time we were going to the Chiropractor, I love her:) Such a great help and knowledge base. She had us trying everything! Peppermint oil, probiotics, chamomile, digestive enzymes and the list goes on.

Ellie was a wreck: crying, not napping, up all hours of the night. She would draw her legs up constantly and just seemed to be in so much pain. I just felt SO helpless. I didn't feel like anyone truly understood how bad it as. I knew it was not normal. My baby was in pain and I didn't know why:(

Afternoons seemed to be the worse. She did had a few good nights and days during all this. But they were few and far between. By the middle of January I was so drained. Physically, emotionally, mentally. Every bit of me was spent. I spent many nights crying and praying.  I felt like I couldn't handle it anymore and didn't know what else I could do. I was willing to try anything to help her. 

On Thursday, January 19 I had scrambled eggs for breakfast. I hadn't had eggs for breakfast for awhile because I couldn't put milk or cheese in them. Ellie had a horrible afternoon and night. Friday morning I was talking to a friend about it and said the only thing it could have been was the eggs. A light bulb went off. I have cut eggs out of my diet since then and she is a new baby:) Praise the Lord!!!

I have added everything else back in. She is sleeping through the night, 7 to 7. Takes good naps for the most part and is just so happy. I am so happy to know what was causing the pain, but wish it wouldn't have taken so long.  Life around the Mueller house is much calmer and happier now:)

She is just the happiest, smiley little girl. My heart just melts for her. Caden loves playing with her and interacting, except when she pulls his hair! I can't believe she is 4 1/2 months old already! At 4 months she weighed 15 pounds 9 ounces! She is just perfect, although she needs more hair. I am afraid she inherited my fine hair and not much of it!


*I wrote this over a week ago and for got to publish it.

2 comments:

  1. So glad she is better!! You are such a good mommy, and Ellie was so lucky to have you take such good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...I'm so glad that she's better! How overwhelming, that sounds really intense. :( Hopefully the worst is behind you and it'll be smooth sailing from now on!

    ReplyDelete