Tuesday, October 12, 2010

8 months!

Only a few days late:)


I can't believe 8 months have gone by since our little man was brought into this world. Best 8 months of my life!! He is growing up so fast and I have truly loved watching him learn new things. The biggest thing he has learned this month was learning how to crawl!! He mastered it a little over 3 weeks ago and nothing can stop him now. He is also pulling himself up on everything, including me when I am standing up. He loves to explore and just started to try to crawl up the stairs by himself. So, guess what I ordered tonight?? A baby gate!! Why are they SO expensive for a nice one??? Oh well, it is a one time purchase.


He is weighing in at 19 pounds and is 29 inches long. He loves to eat his food. I am still nursing him 4 times during the day and he eats breakfast, lunch and dinner. He has yet to not eat something I give him. I am going to start giving him more finger foods that he can mash with his gums. He has been teething for over 2 months and still no teeth. I keep waiting for one to cut through, but not yet. Which is fine with me, no chance to bite:)


He is such a sweet baby boy and I just love him to pieces. He melts my heart everyday. He has been saying "Mum" for a while now, but just yesterday started to say "MaMa." It is very clear and when you tell him to say "MaMa," he will. SO CUTE!! Now we are working on "DaDa." He is a Momma's boy for sure, he is always reaching for me and I can't help but secretly love it. Who knows how long it will last, so I am going to enjoy it while I can. Even if he is fussy all day and I just want a break when Derek gets home. Caden does love his Daddy SO much. Derek can make him laugh like no one else and I love watching them interact. They are goof balls together and I can just envision them in 5, 10 years and I love it.


Caden went to his first pumpkin patch last Friday, he had taken a late nap in the car on the way there and boy did he not want to be woken up. He wasn't fussy, but he wouldn't smile for anything. I was sad because we could have gotten some cute pictures. We might have to make another trip soon.







Caden is being dedicated at church this weekend and I am so excited for it. He got a new outfit and we are excited for family to come with us to church and over to our house for dinner. I will do a post all about it sometime.


2 comments:

  1. Liz - thanks for the great post. You know just how much we love that little guy of yours - he is just too cute!

    We are looking forward to this Sunday too.

    We love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great post sister!!!

    He is just about as cute as they come and I love him more and more every time I see him.

    Precious precious precious is he!!

    I can't wait for Sunday as well.

    I want to look at those pictures all day.

    Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete