He is able to take a few steps by himself until he crashes to the floor. He just tries to go too fast and falls forward. I think over the next month or so he might start walking, but I am in no hurry for that to happen. I am getting to the point where I miss having a tiny little baby. They just grow too much in the first year.
One of his favorite things to do is push balls all around the house and fuss when they get stuck under the table or cabinets. He crawls to the ball, pushes it, crawls to it and it goes and goes and goes. Until it gets stuck. he also does this with a water bottle.
His other favorite thing is a penguin that dances and sings Ice Ice Baby. I got this for Christmas almost 3 years ago from Derek's Mom. Who would have guessed that it would become Caden's favorite thing?? We keep it in a display case by the stairs, so he always want to crawl up there and have me turn him on. He gets all giddy when we go to turn him on. So cute. He loves to push him over and grab him, I am afraid he might break him, that would be a sad day.
Caden loved to have the windows open this fall and stand up and look outside:)
Caden's friend Troy
Look Mom, I am a big boy!! (We have since put up a gate.)
I can drive!
Hello Blog readers:)
What are you looking at??
I want some food!!
Daddy put me in jail:)
Playing under the island
Helping with the dishes!
Who put a pink hat on a boy??
I never did blog about his dedication. It went really well and we enjoyed our time with family. We were sad because Derek's sister Lyndsey (Hi Buddy!!) was running in the Des Moines half marathon and got sick and wasn't able to come over after. My parents, Rachel and Brian, Derek's parents, Christina and our friends Brian and Amy and their son Ben came to church and over for lunch. Caden loved all the attention:) It was a great day and means a lot to us that we are dedicated to raising Caden in a Christian home and having our family and church family support us.
So much to look at!
Waving at everybody!
That is all for now:)
Don't let him bite you too hard! I know he is just growing so much - every size is fun in it's own way. You will just have to have another baby if you want a small kid in the house! Great info and pictures.
ReplyDeleteWe love you all so much.
Dad
Your captions under those pictures made me laugh out loud. Oh, how I love this little man!! Great post!! I like it lots when you blog. I agree with what daddy said :) have another baby :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your sweet son with us.
I can't wait to see what he is going to be like when he can talk and stuff. He has SUCH a huge personality already, I love it!!