Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chicago:)

Well, we had a great little getaway!!

We left on Friday morning and got into Chicago around 4 and checked into the hotel. We laid around and then went for a little walk. We ended up at Millennium Park and saw the 'bean.' It was pretty cool!

There are 2 fountains with LCD screens that have different faces on them. Then about every 5 minutes they spit water our of their mouths. Derek decided he needed to go stand under the water and that I had to take pictures. He is too funny!! So here it is:)

We took some fun pictures and then headed back to the hotel to get dressed for dinner.



We ate at an Italian restaurant, La Cantina. It was very yummy, Derek even let us get some cheesecake! My favorite!! Then we were off to Jersey Boys.


We were both thoroughly impressed by it. They had great voices and the show was very good. It brought back memories of listening to oldies music growing up. The show is about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, they sing Sherry, Big Girls don't Cry, Walk like a man and much more. Then off to bed! I felt a cold coming on, had a fever and chills, couldn't fall asleep but was dead tired. Finally got to sleep about 12:30 and was woke up to my phone beeping. Derek had sent me a text message to wake me up, from bed! I just laughed at him.


We had breakfast and got ready for the Cubs game. On the way to the train we saw these pretty tulips.

We took the train to Wrigley field and watched the Cubbies beat the Marlins, 6 to 1. It was a great game and we had a good time. Diego even threw out the first pitch, haha!!

After I took that picture, a man came up to us and said he would take our picture and guaranteed that he would get the perfect shot in the first try. He called himself the 'Picture Man.' Too funny! He did a pretty good job.


The view from our seats, it was a pretty day. During the game we saw a ton of airplanes flying in, wish we would have counted them.


There is Diego!!

I even got a little shopping in. We ran into H&M before the Cubs game, I got a dress and a shirt. Then on the way home we stopped at the outlets in Aurora and went to Gap. I got some shorts, a jean skirt, 2 tank tops and 2 shirts. I love outlets!!


A trip to Chicago would not be complete with out a picture of Homan Ave. I remember when I was younger and first saw this sign I thought it was so cool that there was a street with my last name on it! Now we need to find a Mueller Ave:)


We had a good and uneventful drive there and back, even played some road trip games, I won:) Derek was a good driver and drove the whole way. He insists that we always take his car because it gets better gas mileage, but it is a stick and I don't trust myself driving it. So, I got to nap and relax.

It was a super fast trip, but I am glad we went. Thanks baby:)
Now for Derek's last full week off:( Having him go back to work is going to stink, but I am still praying that I will get a job this month. Only the Lord knows what His plans are!!
Have a great week:)

Good Luck Buddy with your last week, you can make it!!

2 comments:

  1. looks like a super fun trip!...I have yet to see the bean. i have always wanted to see that. I think I need to get there before we move back to Des Moines since we nly live 2 1/2 hours away. thanks for posting, fun pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to go there with you guys this summer!

    ReplyDelete