Saturday I went to my cousins fiancee's bridal shower in Indianola, they are getting married in Chicago in July. Derek golfed with his Dad and then we just laid around until we headed over to Derek's sister Christina's house for a little party. They even had a mechanical bull and no I didn't get on it! It rained a little, which was a bummer. We went back to his parents and played some cards.
Sunday was church and laundry and then Indianola. Derek got a much needed hair cut and we hung out with Josie and Easton for awhile so their mommy could paint. Then we headed to Babyar's for Joan's party. It was a good time of catching up and just chatting.
Monday was an ugly day, boo!! We went over to an old coworker's house of Derek's for a BBQ. It was fun and we had some yummy food. Then Lyndsey came over and spend the evening at our house. We played pool, watched tv, made homemade ice cream and played Rummikub. Derek of course won:)
Tuesday came and Derek went back to work and I did too:) Well, not back to work, but to work! God's timing is so perfect. I started a part time job at our church as a ministry assistant this week. I am pumped!! I work 9-2 Mon-Thurs. The way it fell into place is God's handiwork and I am so blessed. I was looking for a way to get more involved/connected and God just dropped it in my lap. The men of this church are amazing and fun to work with, it doesn't even feel like work. Thank you Lord:)
I am getting really excited for this weekend for several reasons. First, we have Easton or Duke ALL weekend!! I am picking him up on Friday and taking him back on Sunday. Wahoo!! I don't know if I will want to give him back. Second, Derek is running Dam to Dam and it will be fun to see him finish. The past 2 years he has gotten severely dehydrated, to the point of being the medical tent the first year and walking the last 2 miles the second, yet he still has amazing times. So, this year for the past few weeks I have been making him hydrate himself and actually pee more than 2 times a day. He isn't very happy, but has been a complint patient. Thirdly, Derek's older brother and wife are coming into town so Brandon can run with Derek. Haven't seen them since January and she is preggo, so will be fun to see a cute belly!
Well, that is all for now!
Once again, NO PICTURES!! Bad Liz! I will take some of Dukey I am sure this weekend and the race!
Scratch that. Because I love my Daddy and I think he looks hot in pink and onion googles!
haha, thats a fun picture...sounds like a busy weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, what's your address?
ReplyDelete