Lots to catch you up on!
Last Sunday afternoon I had my first baby shower. It was at my aunt's house and Rachel and April did a great job planning it. I had lots of fun with family and friends and they sure did bless the little guy. Lots of fun gifts and books. Makes me excited:) Rachel hasn't given me the pictures yet, so blame her for no pictures.
I had my 3 hour glucose tolerance test on Monday morning at 7 am. It was torture! Well, probably not that bad... Getting 1 vial of blood drawn every hour is not fun. Had some nice bruises after that! It was just not fun drinking 100g of sugar and not having any food in your stomach and I couldn't drink anything. I survived and passed all 3 times:) That was a blessing and a relief. Hope I don't have to do that again.
The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Had our second childbirth class, helped Nepali refugees on Wednesday night for small group. We made kits of winter attire for them, they have no winter clothes. Going to make for a cold Iowa winter. Derek got new tires on Thursday, so we had fun roaming Costco and the mall waiting. No more illegal tire tread for him!
Friday I was off and for the first time in a long time had no plans for the day. I slept in a bit and watched some of my shows from the week. Then I decided to put up the Christmas tree and some other stuff. I decided that if I was going to make the effort to do it, I wanted to be able to enjoy it for a little over a month!
AND THEN NEW MOON! My mom, Rachel and I had tickets for the 7:00 show and we had fun waiting in line for about 45 minutes for it. It did not fail to impress. Now the waiting game begins for the next one....
Saturday Derek left me to go to the Iowa game, I got the boot. I watched the game with Rachel and Brian and then hung out with them all afternoon. Iowa won, but it was the most boring football game ever! Glad I didn't go. We had dinner at Mimi's Cafe with Rachel, Brian and Brian's brother Matt. Then watched a movie and went to bed.
Today has been church, nap and lunch. Now football:) I will probably try to steal the remote soon....
The little guy is doing well, moving lots. With the holidays here, it makes me wish I was celebrating them with him. But, I am sure I need to sit back and just enjoy them one last time before I have a child to worry about. Trying to take advantage of all that I can while it is just Derek and me. Things are about to change:)
I am so happy it is Thanksgiving week! Lots of family and food, makes this preggo happy:) We have Derek's family dinner on Thursday in Wilton and my family's on Saturday. Love getting to have two.
Happy Thanksgiving:)
No comments:
Post a Comment