I can't believe my baby is almost 1! She is getting so big. Sometimes I just stop and look at her and I can't believe she isn't a tiny little baby anymore:( I am loving watching her grow up and learn new things daily. She is starting to show her personality more and more. She is a feisty little girl that is sure! If she doesn't get what she wants she sure lets us know it, we might have our work cut out for us.
She is starting to love playing with Caden and following him around. He loves his Baby as he calls her, but we are working on sharing our toys and not taking things from her. He doesn't like the fact that she can reach pretty much anything of his now. Mine is not a word I want allowed in this house. I want these two to be best friends and I am trying to instill that early on. I love when they make each other laugh and have those cute little moments together. They are blessed to have each other, even if they don't always think so:)
This is a face I see all to often! It is the look of I am going to cry in 3, 2, 1... One word I don't like right now is teething! When they hurt she is a bear. Nothing makes her happy and all day she is saying Mama, but not in the cute way. More like Mama save me!! Breaks my heart and I just wish I had a cure for it. So teeth: HURRY UP!
Last Friday we went to the state fair again and Aunt Rachel was holding Ellie and she started 'shooting' people. Ellie has always reached or pointed her whole hand to show you where she wants to go. I guess she learned to point on Friday, but doesn't realize you need to tuck your thumb in also. So, now it looks like she is shooting us. It is cute for now!
She is a super fast crawler and is into everything. A little girl who is 6 told me I should enter her into a crawling race:) She pulls herself up all the time and cruises the furniture. No first step yet. When we are out and about she wants down all the time. She can't understand why she just can't crawl everywhere. Makes it hard to wrangle her. The park is especially difficult right now. So part of me wants her to stay little and crawl, but another part of me is ready for her to walk to make life easier. I would rather chase her then have to hold her all the time when she is trying to get out of my arms. We will see if I still think this way when she does walk!
I am going to try to enjoy this last month before you become my one year old. Lots to do to prepare for a birthday party. I want to cherish each moment I have left of your babyhood. In a blink of an eye you will be Caden's age and I won't know what to do with myself. (I am not going to say that I should just have another baby because I did that in Caden's 11 month post and little did I know you were already in my tummy:) Hopefully the next one doesn't come along quick so soon, but it will be a blessing whenever God blesses us.
You have my heart Miss Ellie Grace and I can't believe how big you are! Love you to the moon and back!
Both of my kiddos at 11 months! Look completely different to me.

Be still my heart :)
ReplyDeleteLove every single thing about this post, except the fact that her new teeth hurt her so bad :(
Love you Ellie! I hope you are always one of my best friends :D