Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a great day!! The whole weekend felt like my birthday though. It started on Friday night with dinner and cake at my in-laws. Pammy made a yummy meal and I got a cookie and cream ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins! Very good. I got some good gifts, including Twilight, a laptop case and some gift cards. We watched Marley & Me, which still doesn't make me want a dog. It was a pretty good movie though; no tears from this girl.



Then on Saturday I went shopping with Rachel and Sam and they and Brian came over to watch the Final Four games. We got bored, well the girls did so we played Hand and Foot, good times!

Sunday was church, crying about the snow and going to my parents for my dinner. And getting Derek's haircut. We had a great dinner and my mommy made me her specialty cake, homemade chocolate cake with pink frosting, I am still snacking on it. My favorite cake ever, it is so moist and yummy!! Thanks MOMMY!! They got us 2 Hawkeye chairs and some money, they are too generous. I have the best parents and in-laws!!




My dad decided to make my candles spell Liz, very creative!!




Now for the actual day of my birth, I woke up and Derek had gotten me donuts! That afternoon I babysat my kiddos. Josie was like, Happy Birfday Liz, and then she proceeded to ask if I brought my present. I think she was alittle confused. Very cute though. Derek and I went out to eat at Johnny's Italian Steakhouse because we have a gift card there. I decided to get a steak and it was yummy! Derek got me some roses and a new workout outfit, think that is hinting something? Just kidding!! Then we went over to Rachel and Brian's and had a Happy Birthday Liz/National Championship party. We ate yummy food and just hung out. The girls played Apples to Apples and chatted.

Overall I had an amazing day and I feel so blessed. Thank you for everyone who made my day so special!!

Sorry for only having pictures of cake, I absolutely hate taking pictures. I am not one to always pull out my camera and make people pose. Except for this little man, Easton, or Duke as his brother calls him is my favorite little man. He is so good, and when you pick him up he puts his arms around you and gives you the strongest little hug. He is making me want one very bad!! He just turned 7 months this weekend, but he looks and acts lots older, stay a baby Dukey!




2 comments:

  1. I seriously need to see Duke- I need to re-meet this little fellow. What a nice and sweet post. I am glad you feel loved because you are very very special to us all. Thanks for being born! Love U. Oh and thanks for being willing to shave your head if needed :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Bday! we are actually watching Marley and Me tonight, and Way to go on JOhnnys italian steakhouse...yum!

    ReplyDelete