I can't believe that in about one week I will be 36 weeks! 9 months! Too bad that means that I probably still have one more to go. Oh well, I need to be thankful for each and everyday of this pregnancy.
I am definitely nesting I have decided. I am constantly thinking about everything I have to do and organizing and cleaning. I can't sit still, but I have to force myself to conserve some energy!
I am still feeling great, a little more tired and some nights it is harder to feel comfortable to sleep. But, nothing to complain about. He is still a little kicker, but now they hurt! Guess he just loves me that much:)
We had a great Christmas, it seems so long ago now. We went to church with my family on Christmas Eve and then went home and hung out and opened presents. The little guy got some stuff, actually the first present that Derek opened was 2 packs of diapers! I just laughed, I guess that means he has to change those diapers:) Then Rachel, Brian, Michael and Derek played Super Mario Brothers on Wii until 2:30am! I went to bed at 12:30. Crazy people.
We has a lazy morning on Christmas, Santa filled our stockings and Derek shoveled my parents driveway for over an hour. He is a perfectionist when it comes to shoveling! Then we packed up and headed out on the snow covered roads to go to his parent's. We made it safely and had Christmas dinner (what do you call it when you eat at 3:30? Lunner?) Anyways, then we just hung around eventually opened some gifts. I don't remember what else we did. Bad preggo memory here. I know we played a game at some point. Stayed up way too late again and then had to drive home to a snow covered driveway with a big pile of ice/snow at the end. Thanks plow man!
Derek shoveled for awhile and I planned on crashing. But, when I walked into the house I could hear the smoke alarm 'chirping' every minute telling me that the battery was low. I had to walk around until I figured out what one it was and figure out how to make it stop. It is SO annoying! I took out the old battery and of course we didn't have a replacement. So, about 10 minutes later I figured out how to just unhook it. Couldn't it have happened in the afternoon when I want to be awake?
Saturday the 26th, we spent all day with the Mueller extended family. Lots of chatting, eating, playing games and gifts. Good family time and another late night.
I had to drag myself out of bed the next morning for church, I was a tired girl. By Sunday night, I had hit a wall. Everyone was playing Settlers, except me and his parents. They started at 10 and I wasn't thinking about how long that game can take. By 11:45 I wanted my bed! I felt bad making Derek quit the game, but I had just had it. I made it to the end of the game, but I just felt so emotionally and physically drained. I was like, this is just a small glimpse of what life will be like in a month! A sleep deprived new momma! AH!!!!!!!!!!!
Thus the reason for sleeping in so much this week! I kept telling myself that I need to go to bed earlier and get up earlier, but it just never happened. I am in for a rude awakening come Monday morning. Uh-oh!
The rest of the week was just lazy time, family time, work, sleep, eating and I really don't know what else! We did see Avatar in 3D on Tuesday night. It was very good, crazy how 3D works. We had friends over to hang out on Wednesday night to play games. Thursday was New Year's Eve, we were at Mueller's and had people over there. I didn't think I would make it until 12, but I did, once again.
I can't believe it is 2010, the year we become parents! Crazy! I am so excited for this year will bring. So many thoughts are going on in this brain of mine. One minute I feel ready for everything and then next minute I could freak out. I am just giving everything to our Great Lord and trying to just relax and not be anxious.
This is super long! Wish I was a better picture taker, oh well, soon enough I will have a sweet baby boy to photograph!
Happy New Year! My you be blessed immensely this year:)
What a fun post! It was GREAT having you and Derek spend the night Christmas night. Thanks again Derek for shoveling our driveway. It was great having lunch with you and Rachel on New Year's Eve. We are so blessed to live so close. How exciting . . . you will have a baby soon! What an amazing mother you will be!! Your feelings are normal. Our Lord has you in His arms. We love you, honey.
ReplyDelete